Treaty Acknowledgement and Statement of Inclusivity
We proudly & respectfully acknowledge that SmartyPants is located on Treaty 6 territory, a traditional gathering place for diverse Indigenous peoples including the Cree, Blackfoot, Metis, Nakota Sioux, Iroquois, Dene, Ojibway/ Saulteaux/Anishinaabe, Inuit, and many others whose histories, languages, and cultures continue to influence our vibrant community.
Statement of Inclusivity
We will make every effort to provide a safe space for all genders and sexual identity. We acknowledge sexuality and gender is fluid and non-binary, therefore we stand in solidarity with all peoples. Furthermore, we aim to be fully inclusive in our operations and marketing.
As a business that strives to operate with inclusivity to all peoples, we proudly state that we are Anti-Racist to black, indigenous or peoples of color (BIPOC for short).
We follow our own guidelines to ensure the practice of inclusivity and anti-racism is realized.
Our guidelines are:
- Using BIPOC/non-binary stock images & promote the use of images that represent a variety of peoples, employing BIPOC/non-binary models, photographers and artists
- To provide a safe space for all peoples of color and identity and be open to critique/feedback to improve
- To actively educate ourselves and research ways to become more inclusive with our operations
- To support other businesses that follow these measures
- To have absolutely zero tolerance for racism, hate and discrimination of all forms from any business’ or peoples
We withhold the right to refuse service to any business, at any time, who does not align with our values of inclusivity.